LEAD TOMORROW'S MISSIONARIES TODAY!
Need: Teens cannot go anywhere without godly men and women to lead them.
Location: Solomon Islands, Philippines, Madagascar, Fiji or Arnhem Land
Dates of Involvement: 6 December 2023 - 20 January 2024
Aim: Disciple, Serve and Empower Youth
Leader Seminar Traning: 6th - 8th October
Cost: Dependant on team location + $65 Registration Fee
Join us this summer as you share the love of Jesus, both practically and spiritually. We desire to see the Church come alive, awakened in faith, and ready to serve the Lord. Young people with a mission vision are vital to the future of the Church here in Australia and throughout the world. With 3.2 billion unreached peoples spread worldwide - and even in our nation - the Great Commission is far from fulfilled. Tomorrow’s missionaries can change the tide of our dwindling Church, boldly proclaiming the Gospel to all nations. Doesn’t the idea of youth excited about their faith excite you? Picture teens reaching out with confidence to show God’s love to their neighbour, dedicating their lives to Jesus and following Him wherever He leads, sharing freely what they realise God has freely given to them… perhaps, this summer, it will be the first time they understand God’s love for themselves, and want to share this with the world. One summer can change a young person’s life forever. You might have seen this within yourself or someone else who has been a part of a Teen Missions team.
Your life experiences are invaluable to shaping a future team. So if you desire to walk alongside young people as they face the challenges and joys, offering them godly counsel for their struggles and seeing them grow in maturity and learn to live victoriously in the Lord, then register today!
You are qualified if you:
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus
- Desire to work with youth
- Interested in Christian missions
- Committed to serving God
- Have a heart for discipleship
All leaders need to turn in six recommendations (including one from a pastor or church board), along with the necessary forms provided by TMIA.
We value quality leaders as they are an essential part of our summer team program. It is, for this reason, we seek godly men and women who meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 21 years old. Former team members must be 18, with recommendations from your previous team leaders
- Hold a Blue Card
- Be available to lead for the entire summer program including Boot Camp Training and Debrief
- First Aid Certificate and CPR training
- Attend Leaders Seminar for training
- Be flexible and willing to serve on any team.
- Your preferences for a team will be taken into consideration. However, please be aware that leadership teams are based on strengths, experience and the needs of the teams. You may be asked to change teams
We welcome married couples and their families to serve as team leaders. We ask newlyweds to wait a year into their marriage before serving. Couples with children younger than 13 years of age qualify as leader families. Each child's cost is based on airfare, food, and travel expenses. Children 13 years or older will be classified as team members and required to raise the respected team cost as advertised.
Leading a team takes commitment to preparation, including paperwork, screening, dedication to personal growth and attending a training seminar (6th - 8th October).
All leaders will need to arrive by 6th December 2023 for our two-day Leader Refresher course and preparation for Boot Camp. Leaders will commence their governing role on December 9th once team members arrive and require to serve in their role until the end of Debrief on 20th January 2024.
Unsure if are ready to serve as a leader? Here are some questions to help you discern if this is a good fit.
- What are your motives for leading a team?
- What are your priorities: are they disciple-making or gaining missions experience?
- Where is your focus: the teens on your team or the people in your desired country of travel?
- Are you engaged in making disciples now?
We’re looking for leaders with a love for youth, a desire for missions, a keenness for discipleship and a heart to serve. Each leader becomes a unique, irreplaceable and irreplicable part of a team as they bring their unique gifts, skills, passions and heart in service to their team and to the Lord. Please prayerfully seek God's guidance before you register.
Experience the transforming power of God's Spirit as you help train and lead teams on strategic work and evangelistic projects around the world.